PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.22.2012

Summer is here!

My little Emily on holiday in Spain 2007

Yesterday was the first day of summer.
Hooray.
I LOVE summer.
Beautiful sunny days, green leafy trees, berries growing on bushes,
grassy meadows, happy kids playing outside, vacations.

You can imagine my disappointment when I opened the curtains and
was greeted by a grey, rainy, thundery morning.

Hmmm, not my idea of summer at all.
What to do on a day like that?
Why bake cookies of course.
These were so easy to make as they dough came ready made. All I had to do was roll balls, stick some chocolate on top and bake.
Delicious!

Dylan the cookie monster

I smeared some peanut butter on top my cookie...
Oh yes and it was heavenly!

While I am on the subject of cookies I have to show you these


We made these a few years back. Dylan was in his Ben 10 phase judging by the t-shirt
we made him. No idea why I was wearing see through pants and Simon was naked. Hahaha.

I just love making gingerbread people.
 Definitely something I'll be doing again soon.

Oh, and before I finish this post I want to say a huge thank you to
who awarded me the Versatile blogger award


Isn't she the sweetest.
I'll have fun passing this on next week.

Until then, have a fantastic weekend.
Send some sunshine my way OK.

Linking up here
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

Those cookies look soo good! And we've been having some June Gloom here too :(

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Oh I LOVE baking cookies when it rains! But yes, not a great way to bring in summer though huh?! Your cookies look DELICIOUS!

Jenny Bardsley said...

Hi! I'm a new follower via weekend blog hop. I love your pictures, especially the one of your daughter sitting in the water. I have a gazillion pictures like that of my own kids. I hope you will check out my new blog as well!
www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

Claire Justine said...

Hi thanks for joining us at welcome to the weekend hop,your summer sounds just like ours and they have forcasts lot of rain here this year too.The cookies looks amazing :)