PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.13.2014

We made scones


We made scones...I say we, I really mean me.
The kids were too busy playing Minecraft and after asking them about 10.000 times I decided to go ahead and make them by myself. I'd never made scones before so was a bit apprehensive, maybe it was a good thing the kids weren't around to "help".
I must say, they turned out far better than I imagined, quite delicious actually and they disappeared just as quickly as it took for me to make them!

Here's my scrummy recipe:
350g self raising flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
85g butter
3 tbsp sugar
180ml milk
1tbsp lemon juice
1egg

Preheat your oven to 220 Celsius.
Add the flour to a bowl, add the salt and baking powder and stir.
Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs, then add the sugar and stir.
Heat the milk until just lukewarm (30 secs in microwave) and then add the lemon juice.
Make a hole in your flour mixture and pour the milk into this, then quickly stir together with a fork, be careful to not over mix.
Dust some flour on a work surface and gently fold together the mixture.
Fold into a shape about 4cm thick and cut out round shapes (I used a cookie cutter).
Place on a baking tray and glaze the scones with some beaten egg.
Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve with jam and cream.
YUMMY!!!


Photobucket

No comments: